What is STB?
STB stands for Set-up Box is a device that turns the input signals to the one that can be displayed on a TV screen or other devices. STB also called Set-up Unit ( STU ) are common tools to watch IPTV , cable TV, and satellite TV.
What is a setup box?
A set-top box is a hardware device that enables a digital signal to be obtained, decoded and displayed on a television. The signal can be a television signal or Internet data and is received via cable or internet connection. How much Internet data do I need to run IPTV?
There are several types of IPTV setup boxes available on the market and each has their own operating system such as Android and iOS. There are also devices such as MAG boxes and Enigma2 based devices that function as an STB or setup box.
the advantages of using STB
In the following, some of the most important advantages of STB s are explained. A set top box or recognized as STB is a device including a tuner in it which captures an external source of the signal and delivers to the television set for a high-quality picture. The set-top box is required to maintain receiving the signals in the digital format.
STB stands for Set-up Box is a device that turns the input signals to the one that can be displayed on a TV screen or other devices. STB also called Set-up Unit ( STU ) are common tools to watch IPTV, cable TV, and satellite TV.
Features of setup boxes
Interactive program guides: This feature provides the updated scheduling information of current and upcoming programs. Some guides also provide the backward scrolling to promote their catch-up content.
Channel Bookmark: Similar to the bookmark feature on the web-browser, users can highlight their favorite channel list which facilitates their access to the channels.
Timer: By this feature, users can easily switch a channel at a predefined time, thus they can record contents of more than one channel even when they are not at home.
Parental lock: By this feature, it will be possible to restrict the access to specific channels or even block all the channels.
Recording: If users tend to record a specific program at a particular time, they can select their favorite program on the interactive program guide at a specific time. Through the Scart link, a signal will send to a compatible DVR or VCR to start recording.
Firmware update features: Almost all modern STBs gain from automatic firmware update processes. The feature is typically supplied by the service provider.
Before purchasing a setup box, let’s ask a few questions and examine a few aspects of a setup box in order to make the best choice.
- Is the manufacturer providing only one option or the variety of options?
- For High Definition content, do they manufacturer support HD quality with this device?
- Check the warranty, does the manufacturer supply any warranty on the set-top box?
- Customer service, do the manufacturer provide decent customer satisfaction?
- Selection of the channel, does the IPTV service provider provide channels of your favorite?
- Selection of packages and exclusive privileges granted or not?
- Worth for money, are you paying for the device which you want?
- Payment service, call, and online payment?
- Added TV channels, interactive games, and channels for all family members?
- Video on demand service is given or not which gives you access to extensive libraries, live concerts, and TV shows. What is Video On Demand (VOD)?
Now we will see the advantages and disadvantages of the set-top box.
Below is a short demonstration of the advantages that setup boxes offer.
- The quantity of channels extends to a great amount.
- A large enhancement in picture quality when utilizing the set-top box.
- All kinds of troubles in watching channels will be reduced.
- IPTV providers will be able to offer HD quality which is one of the most important uses of the set-top box.
- The big switch on the small screen with the use of a set top box. It will bring on the digital revolution.
Free to air channels will also not be available without the set-top box.
- It will be mandatory to have the set top box and this will add an extra expense.
Feel free to submit your suggestion and feedback regarding this guide in the comments section below and help us improve the quality of our articles. Thank you.